It’s a good idea to go low-carb for at least a few days before starting this in order to avoid a hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) episode.
You may want to break your day into a building phase and a cleansing phase.
Building Phase: Time between your first meal and your last meal.
Cleansing Phase: Time between your last meal and your first meal.
You may want to begin with 12-16 hour cleansing phases and 8-12 hour building phases.
Over time, as your body adapts you may be able to move into a 4-6 hour building window with 18-20 hour cleansing phases each day.
If you are able to do this effectively than it is easier to maintain ketosis. A ketogenic diet trains the individual’s metabolism to run off of fatty acids or ketone bodies. This is called fat adapted, when the body has adapted to run off of fatty acids/ketones at rest instead of glucose primarily.
During the fast, I recommend hydrating and consuming Cleanse for Life, herbal teas and organic coffee with MCT oil, coconut oil and/or grass-fed butter.
The good small and medium chain fats in these help to boost up ketone production and stabilize blood sugar more effectively than water fasting alone.
Most people feel very good while they are fasting like this.
For women, particularly those who struggle with hypothyroid, adrenal fatigue and hormonal imbalances, you may want to add some whey/collagen protein (about 5-10 grams) in with your coffee/tea. The protein will help with blood sugar regulation and satiety levels and improve overall hormone function.
1. Simple Fast – Everyday take 12 hours from your last meal to your first meal.
Ex. Finish your last meal at 8pm and don’t eat again until 8am the next morning.
2. Cycle Fast – One of the best ways to reverse diabetes. Take 16 hours from your last meal to your first meal.
Ex. Finish your last meal at 8pm and don’t eat again until 12pm (noon) the next day. Start with 3 days per week, i.e. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You may feel so good that you want to do it 5, 6 or even 7 days per week as you feel so extraordinary. When you start out on this type of fast, it may take you 5-7 days for your body to acclimate and normalize.
3. Strong Fast – Everyday take 16-18 hours between your last meal and your first meal.
Ex. Finish your last meal at 8pm and don’t eat again until 12pm (noon) – 2pm the next day or whatever 16-18 hour fasting period works best for you. With this approach your eating window is about 6-8 hours. This approach optimizes performance and anti-aging benefits. Not necessary recommended for all people especially women can have a tough time with this approach.
4. Warrior Fast – Everyday take 19-21 hours between your last meal and your first meal.
Ex. Finish your last meal at 8pm and don’t eat again until 3pm – 5pm the next day. For a warrior personality type, the navy seal-like individual who wants to get the best anti-aging benefits and mental acuity. With this approach, your eating window is about 3-5 hours, i.e. from 3-8pm or 5-8pm on a regular basis. Before starting this fast you need to be healthy, your adrenals stable and shouldn’t be dealing with any chronic diseases or major symptoms.
5. One Day Fast – One day per week you don’t eat anything for 24 hours except for water, Cleanse for Life, greens, herbal teas and other non-calorie liquids. Your first meal would be the following day.
What to Take When Fasting:
- Take 8 scoops (or 16 oz. of the liquid) of the Cleanse for Life powder with as much water as you want and drink it throughout the day. Alternatively, you can break it down into 4 servings of 2 scoops (or 4 oz. of the liquid) spaced throughout the day if you like.
- Drink lots of water and non-calorie liquids such as greens drinks and herbal teas.
- Bulletproof coffee can help: good quality organic coffee, with 1 tsp. organic virgin coconut oil or MCT oil and 1 tsp. grass-fed butter. These fats have short- and medium-chain fatty acids the aren’t challenging to your liver but give you the benefits of fasting such as increased growth hormone production as well as the other benefits listed below.
- Bulletproof tea is also effective where you do the same thing as above but with green tea or ginger tea and add 1 tsp. organic virgin coconut oil or MCT oil.
- Bone broths, help with detoxifying and enhance the benefits of fasting.
- Moving 1-2 bowels movements per day, preferably in the morning, as the fast will feel so much better this way and really gain the benefits of fasting.
Benefits of Fasting:
- Reduces inflammation and oxidative stress (puts out the fires within our bodies)
- Helps balance blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity (promotes fat adaption)
- Helps boost human growth hormone (our anti-aging hormone)
- Helps heal your gut
- You become a fat burner
People That Struggle with Fasting:
1. Most women
2. Those with adrenal fatigue: really tired throughout the day and have trouble sleeping at night. Start with the Simple Fast and progress from there.
3. Those who are constipated. Need to work on strategies to improve bowel function and elimination. We need to get the toxins out and if you are constipated you’re keeping them in there. Start with the Simple Fast and correct those problems and progress from there.
See the video below from Dr. David Jockers on 3 key benefits to intermittent fasting.
Enjoy being great!
Dr. David Jockers at http://drjockers.com/intermittent-fasting-is-a-powerful-healing-modality/
The Maker’s Body CrossFit is happy to announce the launch of their new website!
As the North Shore’s leading CrossFit & Boot Camp, the gym is focused on delivering members a fun workout experience, teaching safe workout techniques and nutrition plus coaching and inspiration.
Combine that with the friendly gym vibe, and you’ll be able to meet your weight loss, fitness and strength goals.
In fact the CrossFit & Boot Camp Programs Guarantee
You’ll Lose At Least A Clothing Size In Your First 28 Days
Or Your Money Back!
Want to Give CrossFit Or Boot Camp a Try for FREE week?
Click HERE Now to claim your FREE week Or Call (604) 626-2342 or Text Us Anytime
If you have any questions or suggestions for the site please call the owner Tyron Piteau at (604) 626-2342